Training with you
Carmel Teacher Training Partnership (CTTP) is an ‘outstanding’ Initial Teacher Training Provider. We work with schools across the northeast of England within the cities and surrounding areas of Newcastle, Durham, Sunderland, Gateshead, Alnwick, Darlington, Bishop Auckland, Middlesbrough and the Tees Valley.
Established in 1999, Carmel Teacher Training Partnership have been inspiring the next generation of teachers for many years, successfully training Primary and Secondary teachers in a variety of subject areas. CTTP offer both School Centred Initial Teacher Training (SCITT) and School Direct programmes leading to the award of Qualified Teacher Status with PGCE. If you are looking for a more practical, work-based experience instead of the traditional university route, this course is for you.
CTTP provide high quality teacher training in school-based settings with highly experienced classroom practitioners. This is achieved through a blended approach of central and school-based training activities in regional clusters by our Lead Schools, and in conjunction with Leeds Trinity University.
If you are looking for personalised and bespoke training in a nurturing and supportive environment, there is no better place for you to start your teaching career than with us (CTTP).
OFSTED 2018 - ‘High-quality and personalised training contributes well to trainees’ and NQTs’ development as reflective, confident teachers who are deeply committed to their own professional development.
Tutors and mentors provide sharp, insightful feedback to trainees about the quality of their teaching. The targets set for improvement are accurate, ambitious and achievable. This high-quality feedback contributes exceptionally well to trainees’ success in becoming effective teachers.’
Employment rates are consistently high- 96% in 2020. Each year, a high percentage of trainees gain employment in their placement schools or within our Partnership of schools.
Training with disabilities and other needs
All schools within the Carmel Teacher Training Partnership are fully accessible. Provision for additional support where needed is provided on site. Please contact Michala Atterby on email@example.com with any specific disability access requirements.
For more inspiration, hear what some of our past trainees have to say.
About the course
• Personalised, school-based training from September 2022 - June 2023.
• Achieve Qualified Teacher Status from a highly regarded, well established Provider in the North East of England.
• Post Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE) awarded by Leeds Trinity University and delivered face to face in CTTP Lead Schools.
• Dedicated, modern training facilities.
• Our curriculum is designed by expert practitioners and delivered in practical and interactive weekly training sessions to compliment your classroom experience.
• Allocated mentor for each trainee to ensure personalised, bespoke support and training to meet individual needs.
• Unique recruitment process with schools represented at each stage- they ‘choose’ you!
• Training in two school settings- main and second school placement (January- February).
• Trainee progress is monitored throughout the year and assessed against the Teachers’ Standards.