Subject Knowledge Enhancement (SKE)
CTTP has been designated as a Subject Knowledge Enhancement (SKE) Provider. As an ITT provider, we may see applicants who have the potential to become outstanding teachers but who need to increase their subject knowledge before the Teachers Standards can be met. An SKE programme can help a potential teachers feel more confident in their ability to teach a specific subject.
We deliver online subject knowledge enhancement courses in Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Computer Science, French, Spanish, English, Religious Education, and Primary Mathematics.
We offer 8 and 12 week SKE courses which cover GCSE and A Level content. Course length offered is dependant on the individual on knowledge and experience. Our SKE courses are online and on-demand to fit around you. All of our courses are free and attract a bursary for eligible candidates that fit this criteria:
- You have been offered a place on a Teacher Training Course starting September 2022
- or, You are currently completing your Teacher Training Course (started September 2021)
- You have not attended any DfE Funded SKE Courses previously
- Your Teacher Training Subject is related but not a direct match to the SKE subject that you are applying for
- or, there has been at least 5 years since your degree
We do offer paid for programmes for those who do not qualify for the DfE free place and bursary. We offer mentor led and non mentor programmes. Please contact us on SKE@bhcet.org.uk for further information on these places.
For further information on these programmes and how to register please contact us on SKE@bhcet.org.uk
Further details and enrolment can be found by clicking the subject buttons below.