Applications now OPEN!
Applications close 29th March 2024 00:00,
apply as soon as possible to secure a place in a school near you.
With Carmel Teacher Training Partnership’s Teaching Internships, you will be able to experience the teaching profession, gain new skills and be paid £300/£400* per week for your time. So, if you are a current undergraduate or masters student on a STEM, or MFL related degree and are interested in teaching secondary maths, physics, chemistry, French, Spanish or computing, then the Teaching Internship programme could be for you.
We are one of a small number of schools nationally, approved by the Department for Education, to provide an internship programme for undergraduates currently studying at university.
Interns will be paid £300/£400 per week during the 3-week placement which will be in June/July 2024.
We will provide opportunities to:
- Learn about key aspects of the pedagogy of teaching;
- Gain classroom experience and get involved in lessons;
- Work with existing experienced teachers;
- Optional Primary teaching up to 2 days of the internship;
- Work with a range of students;
Applicants must either be studying a subject with maths, chemistry, computing, physics, French or Spanish content included in it or have a strong A Level in those subjects.
Applicants will be contacted soon after we have received their application and if criteria is met we will invite you for a short teams interview.
Have a look at our videos below and see our last years interns and their recommendations and tips.
* UPDATE: due to minimum wage increase interns 21 and over will now be paid £400 per week (£80 per day/ £1,200 for full 3 weeks)
Contact: email Teachertraining@carmel.bhcet.org.uk or call us on 01325 523474.
A link to the Department of Education’s page on Paid Teaching Internships can be found here: